Monday, May 10, 2010

Let It Be

I composed the entry in the car last night, in my head. "Let It Be" was recorded by The Beatles, and whether you are a Beatles fan or not, there is some profound wisdom there. So I am not going to talk about bipolar disoder in this entry. In fact, I am not going to talk much at all. I'll let others talk for me as I assemble some quotes that have recently gathered in my head.

"The evil men do lives after them. The good is oft interred with their bones."
~ William Shakespeare

"If God is for us, who can be against us."
~ Romans 8:31

"Most people don't want to hear how you are doing; they want to hear you are doing well."
~ M. L.

"Pretty is as pretty does."
~ M. L.

"Nobody is normal because everybody's different."
~ Kelsey Gilbreath, wisest daughter

"When people say, 'Think outside the box,' they mean think outside MY box, not think outside THEIR box."
~ Me :)

"God may not change things for you, but He changes you for things."
~ Susan Morrow

"Never Be Angry At Stupid People"
~ Erasure

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
~ The Serenity Prayer, which I never paid much attention to until recently

Thank goodness that in a conditional world, we serve an UNconditional God.

No comments:

Post a Comment